Articles Of Interest
The CDC has updated its investigation notice regarding a multistate outbreak of multidrug-resistant Salmonella infections linked to pig ear dog treats.
Key points since the last update on July 31, 2019:
- A total of 16 ill people have been added to this investigation.
- A total of 143 people infected with the outbreak strains of Salmonella have been reported from 35 states. Of the people infected, 33 have been hospitalized. No deaths have been reported.
- No single supplier, distributor or common brand of pig ear treats has been identified that could account for all the illnesses. More products could be recalled as testing identifies Salmonella.
- *On August 16, 2019, Dog Goods USA LLC recalled non-irradiated bulk and packaged Chef Toby Pig Ears.
- *FDA and CDC continue to advise consumers to avoid all pig ear pet treats and retailers to stop selling all pig ear treats at this time.
Additional information can be found on the FDA’s investigation page: Click Here
US China Tariffs
USTR has updated the press release to include the September 1 and December 15 product lists.
According to additional info from USTR:
- List 4A - The 10% additional tariff will go into effect on September 1 for products where less than 75% of the 2018 U.S. imports of that product were from China.
- List 4B - The 10% additional tariff will go into effect on December 15 for products where 75% or more of the 2018 U.S. imports of that product were from China.
WASHINGTON – New data released today by Tariffs Hurt the Heartland shows American businesses and consumers paid $6 billion in tariffs in June 2019, one of the highest tariffed months in U.S. history and up 2.5 billion (74 percent) from the same month last year. The data, compiled from the U.S. Census Bureau, is the […]
(WASHINGTON, D.C.) – Tariffs Hurt the Heartland, the campaign comprised of over 150 of America’s largest trade organizations and agriculture commodity groups, today called on the U.S. and China to return to the negotiating table as the economic fallout from an escalated trade war continues to grow. Jonathan Gold, a spokesman for the campaign, issued […]