Application for membership in World Pet Association, Inc. (WPA) is hereby made as provided for in its By-laws.
The purposes for which this association is formed are voluntary and without monetary profit to the Association or to any member thereof.
- To promote the growth and development of the pet and pet product market.
- To promote and support the manufacturer to distributor to retailer to consumer relationship.
- To support reasonable efforts of the pet industry to enhance the cause of responsible pet ownership by the general public and to promote responsible care, treatment and handling of companion animals in the pet industry.
- To study and understand the emotional, psychological and companion relationship inherent in pet ownership and to advance the benefits and advantages thereof.
- To publish a news bulletin and educational material pertaining to the industry.
- To provide publicity and public relations for the industry.
- To organize and sponsor pet industry trade shows.
- To establish such subsidiary or affiliate organizations in the furtherance of these purposes as may be legally undertaken by the association.
- To develop and present educational programs.
WPA recognizes firms as eligible to hold a voting membership which meet the following qualifications:
An individual, a corporation, partnership, estate or trust which is engaged in one of the following businesses and every voting membership must, each year, designate its voting representative in writing.
Please choose your type of membership:
A product distributor is a business engaged in the purchase of goods primarily from manufacturers (as defined herein) to be resold / delivered to retail outlets. A product distributor maintains a warehouse facility independent of retail activity of sufficient size to service its customers, has a full-time office staff for customer service and provides a catalog / price list. Dues for this classification are $795 per calendar year.
A manufacturer is a business that either manufactures, markets or imports pet products for distribution to the pet trade and has a manufacturing and / or warehousing facility. Dues for this classification are $795 per calendar year.
An independent pet supply manufacturers’ representative is a business which represents World Pet Association, Inc. manufacturer voting members and who is not engaged in the business of retailing pet or pet supplies. This business must maintain a facility which is separate from any retail location and which does not sell at retail. Dues for this classification are $395 per calendar year.
An affiliate member is: A purveyor of non-pet supplies or services, to the pet industry, which are not for sale, or a supplier of component parts to the pet industry or a purveyor of retail supplies and services to the industry which are not for resale to consumers or a person, business entity, organization or professional with involvement with pets, the pet industry, pet services, or the pet product market not otherwise listed in a category above and approved for voting membership by a vote of the Board of Directors. Dues for this classification are $795 per calendar year.
Retailers who register and attend WPA365 will get WPA Membership free for a year; 2020-2021. A purveyor of livestock, pet supplies, or services for sale to the pet consumer, who maintains a store front or a commercial facility which is separate from a place of residence.
A purveyor pet supplies and/or services for sale to the pet industry consumer through direct response e-commerce. Dues for this classification are $795 per calendar year.
A person, business entity, organization or professional with involvement with pets, the pet industry, pet services, or the pet product market not otherwise listed in a category above and approved for voting membership by a vote of the Board of Directors. The sum of $795 in U.S. funds is tendered herewith in payment of dues for one calendar year starting January 1st.